18 minutes ago, lumberjohn said:

Where are you fishing for walleye. What method to catch? I'll be up there early October in search of walleye. 

If it is large eyes that you are looking for, They are in Owasco Lake. I usually go after them like once a year and after catching 2 or 3 in the 30 inch range, I leave the rest alone  But you really have to know that lake

Edited by rolmops

There is actually good walleye fishing from

Cape Vincent to Massena. Guys catch them with bucktails, jigging spoons, worm harnesses, dropsshotting, bladebaits , and trolling stickbaits and deepdivers. They tend to hold close to bottom but sometimes suspend.
  I suggest fishing evening and early morning and fishing the edge of the channel in 30-50 fow. Most all the channel marking bouys can hold fish.

At night they move shallower and can at times be caught in 15-25 fow. During the day they move deeper and sometime are caught in 75 fow or deeper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/22/2024 at 7:39 PM, Kevin J Legg said:

After catching many eaters this summer the last couple times out some bigger fish have shown up. I’m wondering if the fish are on the move with bigger ones showing up. Seem to be fewer fish but bigger ones.

IMG_7951.jpeg

IMG_7938.jpeg