ISO Recommendations for Niagara River Guides

Slimer

We have fished Art Park and the power plant a few times and want to take our boat this fall/winter. Before we take the boat, we’d like to go with a guide for the first time. Looking for recommended guides. 2 adults and possibly one toddler. 

16 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

Whirlpools don’t care about life jackets. Seasoned guides have lost their lives on this stretch of water. 

Little confused here myself. I've also been thinking about checking out the Niagara area. Is the whole river this way? No one has really answered the original question and you seem like you know the area.

I’ve fished it for over 20 years. Lots of great guides, welcome to PM me for my two favorite guides. 
The water is fast, cold and treacherous. I started taking my kids there when they were in their young teens and even then I wouldn’t take them without concern. In my opinion any guide that would allow a toddler isn’t someone I’d fish with and I doubt any would. 

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Plinkbob said:

Little confused here myself. I've also been thinking about checking out the Niagara area. Is the whole river this way? No one has really answered the original question and you seem like you know the area.

The only dangerous waters are from the QL bridge and above , heading towards Devils Hole . It can be one cold place to fish , winds screaming down the gorge ,which blocks most of the warming sunlight . Even below the bridge it can be numbing cold . Why subject a toddler to harsh conditions ? Fishing below the bridge itself to the lake  the waters are smooth and no manhole size whirlpools to worry about .