Fishing from shore question.

Hello all, I am going up to lake ontario for the weekend, we have a house on the lake.

How effective is fishing from shore? I am not going to drag my boat 300 miles, so I figured I would fish from shore.

My question is. What can I expect in terms of the fish that I am able to catch from shore.

Salmon, Trout, Bass, Channel Cats or Carp?

Also, I will be there mid august, so if anyone has any tips, or suggestions that would be great.

I was thinking just throw out like 4 lines, 2 for carp, 2 for cats and then try a lure.

Welcome to the site. Where abouts you going to be? N, S, E or West? It's a big lake. Best bet is to hit the streams/river/bay mouths early. Water is very warm nearshore on the south & east side. Salmon should start sniffing their home streams any day now but won't stay shallow very long.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

BTW - NY has a two line per person law right now & you must be in immediate attendance of them.

Problem is that it's real shallow out past casting distance & gaining access thru the houses may be a real challenge. I'd suggest the Summervile pier (Genny) or Irondequoit outlet. Both have good access, plenty of parking and will have the specie you're looking for.

Tom B.

(LongLine)