Mag 10A Question!!!

mdryer

Hey,

question, I have Mag10A's. I tried fitting a Uni-Troll arm on for emergencies in case a motor craps out or lose of power. DIdn't fit! What are you guys keeping for an emergency like that? I contacted Cannon and guy told me to use a power drill with a bit that fit! didn't sound like to great an idea ya know. Any ideas so i'm not stuck out there this year would be great dangling my balls 100 feet deep with no power or something. lol

Cannon makes an emergency handle that allows you to crank up the weight. It goes under the hand nut on the right side of the rigger. You can hold the spool , loosen up the hand nut ,and roll it up by hand too! Not fun, but you can do it. ;)

Years back I got cough in a thunder storm, in my hast to get out of there I tried to bring up four riggers at once and blow a fuse, I tried the hand crank and it striped out before I got the first one half way up. I had to go below and find the fuse that was blown and to save time I cut the fuse out and wired direct. got the riggers up and got the hell out of there. The man upstairs must have been looking out for us. I installed a fuse block above deck for the riggers and never had that problem again. The hand crank was all plastic I hope there better made now.

That hand crank was useless for me years ago. I had an old Mag 10 and the main shaft sheared off the drive gear. The ball went crashing to the bottom in 180 fow. It was not fun winding the spool up by hand.