Hot Lure: green dot spinny/hammer fly

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.5/2.7 was best for us

Boat Depth: 100-300

Lure Depth: 80-135

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

After the first two days the trip has become a blur. I tried to post via phone but limited time and all that typing on a phone kept me from doing so. I believe Friday was a day the wind was suppose to be up with thunder storms. We slept in to awake to light wind and no storms. We were kicking ourselves for not getting a few hrs in before the wind picked up. Turned out the wind kicked in around 9-930 so not such a great loss. Saturday the lake was still kicked up too much for our boat so we did something (I forgot what) and returned to fish the after noon. I really can't remember what we did that evening but it wasn't anything special. I guess with the limited memory I should just submit a overall report. We had some great moments and a lot of slow no hit moments. Over all we didn't do as well as we normally do. We dropped a ton of fish. Jim at the cleaning station said we had a better week than most so I guess that is something to to be happy about. The lake was pretty rough most days with it settling down a couple days for us. Our best bite was either Monday or Tuesday morning (I forgot) we had our first double of the trip and landed some real nice quality size fish inside everyone else. We had times we couldn't buy a fish either as we saw boats hooking up as we trolled without moving a rod. I don't have a ton of gear but we soaked just about every combo I did have. My go to Spinny was dead this yr except for that early morning bite. It seemed as if you were lucky enuf or smart enuf to find fish you got them. We were lucky enuf to find a few and made for an enjoyable trip. I'd like to thank Woody's tackle for standing behind the product they sell (without getting into details). Top knotch operation.

I'd like to thank everyone that trailered their boats for helping with the weed control at Wrights, lol. Worst I have ever seen it.

Once again a decent trip to foreign waters. Enjoy the rest of your season I will be reading about it wishing I could be there.

Spike