Gun ID

whaler1

no, I don't but if the inside of the barrel looks good and he got it right he may have got a great little 20ga. Marlin has been making great guns for many yrs. you might find out a lot more going to the website. and asking them about your gun. i believe the site is marlinfirearms.com. and i believe they have a collector section under resources.

if the barrel isn't full choke, it could be used for deer hunting with regular slugs. I wouldn't' try any sabot slugs in it. I had an old savage auto 16ga my brother found in a trash can with a bent barrel. he straightened it using a door and frame then sold it to me for 40.00. it did have a tendency to jam and hence the bent barrel and trash can I would guess but it wasn't anything I couldn't live with. it did have a full choke, but I still used it with slugs, and it shot great but kicked like a young bull. but I wouldn't recommend to anyone to use a full choke gun for slugs. I took a nice 10 point with it on my first ever gun hunt for deer. and took a few more deer over the next few yrs.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

It looks like a vintage Winchester Model 1873 lever-action rifle to me. Those old Winchesters are pretty sweet pieces of history, perfect for collectors and shooters alike.

If you need more info or want to dive deeper into guns like this, you might wanna check out gunsdomain.com. They've got a ton of info on different firearms and could probably help confirm your ID. Hope that helps!

Edited by Matenateson